From marketer’s point of view, potential of reaching an engaged, qualified, and highly referenced audience is priceless for any successful campaign.
The mobile marketing is having a very bright future. Let’s go through some states:
- 89% of all major brands do marketing through mobile phones
- 40% of all major brands are running SMS (text messaging) campaigns
- 18% of all major brands are running MMS (multimedia messaging) campaigns
(Source: Independent survey by Airwide Solutions for 50 brand companies)
Mobile marketing with power of the text messages
Text messages have 90 % success ratio for being read as well as read within initial 30 minutes from the receipt. It means mobile marketing is much more effective means for marketing for the customers and prospects, creating amongst the best returns for the investment possible. The main reason why the mobile marketing is successful in getting more chances is due to its immensely better reach compared with Internet. For instance, text-message marketing is reachable to 5 billion people whereas Internet marketing is reachable to 1.7 billion people!
Mobile messaging has become a broadly utilized marketing tool, particularly useful for you if you use some kind of advertising like print, TV, outdoor signage, or radio ads. You may offer additional details to the prospective consumers through offering SMS code.
Mobile marketing today; is not just limited to SMS or MMS. Mobile presence is becoming equally important with the arrival of smart phones.
About 40% of people surf internet through mobile once a day. Have you ever thought of building a mobile website?
Build a mobile website
Mobile internet users are expected to reach 113.9 million in 2012, up 17.1% from 97.3 million in 2011. This means, most of them would visit your website through their mobile. So before they do, you take a chance and visit your website from mobile.
How does it look? If you are having that traditional website, you must be scrolling hard to run through the information. Will your clients wait to do that?
Develop a mobile application
Make smartphones even smarter for your clients by offering a mobile application for your business. Mobile applications are your business representatives reminding about you every time your client uses your application. Mobile applications can be developed for iPhones, Android, Blackberry, Symbian and Windows Mobile.
Last but not the least, indulge into mobile advertisement. Here’s why:
- Mobile advertising is four-to-five times more effective than online advertising (InsightExpress)
- iPhone users are more likely to respond to a mobile Web ad than owners of other smartphones. (Luth Research on behalf of the Mobile Marketing Association)
- For smartphone users, seeing a mobile ad triggers a response with 43% of consumers seeing an ad (Luth Research on behalf of the Mobile Marketing Association)
- 21% of Google’s largest advertisers have a mobile-optimized Web presence. (Google)
But before you engage into mobile advertisement, make sure you have a mobile-optimized website.